Content to start

Visa Application

Non-local applicants must obtain a student visa via the Academy in order to study in Hong Kong. Visa application must be submitted to the HKSAR Immigration Department via the Academy. Application for a student visa usually takes up to 2 months or above to process. In the case of a non-local applicant who has entered Hong Kong on a visitor/tourist visa, the Academy will not register him/her as a student and will not allow him/her to commence his/her studies until he/she obtains a student visa.

In accordance with the laws of Hong Kong currently in force, a non-local student who studies at the Academy on a student visa is not allowed to undertake any employment, whether paid or unpaid. Non-local Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree students with the relevant "No Objection Letter" (NOL) issued by the HKSAR Immigration Department are permitted to take up part-time on-campus employment for not more than 20 hours a week through the academic year; and employment during the summer months (1 June to 31 August) without any limit in relation to nature of work, work hours and location.